Counter Images: GDR Underground Films 1983-1989
A selection of ten Super-8 films made between 1983 and 1989 by young East German artists, musicians, performers and writers, who produced their films outside official channels. Many of the directors in this collection – such as Helge Leiberg, Via Lewandowsky, and Cornelia Schleime – have now become leading figures in the international art world.
This collection includes the following titles:
- action situation (Leiberg, 1983)
- 7x7 Facts about the Present Life of the Poet Tohm die Roes (di Roes, 1983)
- Samuel (Klauß, 1984)
- Little Angel (Frydetzki, 1985)
- Necrology (Löser, 1985)
- September, September (Hahnemann, 1986)
- Draped in White (Schleime, 1987)
- Report - A Comment on a Comment (Lewandowsky, 1987)
- Hello, Berlin (Werner, 1987)
- Konrad! The Mother Said (Köppel-Welsh, 1989)
- The Subversive Camera, dir. Cornelia Klauß, Germany, 1997, 42 min.
- Artist Biographies
- About the ex.oriente.lux. archive