It is 1988. Jacob (Gottfried John), from Hamburg in West Germany, falls in love with Elisabeth (Angelica Domröse) in East Germany. When they secretly meet in East Berlin, it seems the Stasi (secret police) know about it. When Jacob visits her village, someone informs on him and he is deported. Elisabeth knows who begrudges her this love and takes her revenge.
By renowned director Heiner Carow (Coming Out, The Legend of Paul and Paula), this film is part of the series WENDE FLICKS: Last Films from East Germany.
- Subtitles On/Off
- Biographies & Filmographies
- Introductory Essay by Sean Allan
- Film Review by Hans-Jörg Rother
- Written Interview with Heiner Carow
- WENDE FLICKS Series Trailer
- About The Wende Museum