Daniel has high hopes as he pulls a team together to design a vibrant community center for a new housing development. When the nonconformist plans are rejected, he starts feeling alienated. His colleagues increasingly leave him alone. Even his wife becomes despondent; like so many others, she’d like to move to West Germany with their daughter. When she does, Daniel is left to wonder what happened to his country and its people.
- Turn Subtitles On/Off
- Short film: A Regular DEFA Film?
- Director Interview: Ralf Schenk talks with Peter Kahne
- Q & A with screenwriter Thomas Knauf
- Introductory Essay
- Original Theatrical Traile
- Set Design Sketches
- Photo Gallery
- Biographies & Filmographies
-Home Use, Public Libraries, High Schools
-Educational Use, Academic Libraries